Adding a Node to a Cluster
When a server is started for the first time, it is in a
Performing any RAFT command (such as listed below) will make the server become part of a cluster.
- Adding a license
- Creating a database on this server
- Adding another node to this server cluster (will cause both to be part of the same cluster)
Add Node to the Cluster
Click to add a new node
Adding a new Node
1. Enter the URL of the server for the new node
2. Decide if you will add the new node as a
member -or- as a
watcher (difference explained in Cluster View)
3. Click to use all available nodes -or- Enter the number of cores to be assigned for this node
4. Click Test connection to test the connection for the above url entered
When done, click Save to add this server as a node to the cluster
A Cluster with 2 nodes
Cluster with 2 nodes
- The server running on localhost:8081 shows as Node A and is the
Leaderof the cluster.
- The server running on localhost:8082 shows as Node B and is a
Memberof the cluster.
More nodes can be added as needed.