RavenDB Cloud Instance Settings
In most cases, the cloud configuration settings are similar to the on-premise settings.
To see general RavenDB configuration settings see:
Whenever cloud configuration defaults differ from on-premise defaults, the cloud configurations will be discussed in this article.
In this page:
Setting Cloud Configurations via Studio
If you want to change configurations for cloud instances, they must be set in Studio.
To learn how to access the RavenDB Cloud Studio interface, see the Studio section in the Cloud Overview article.
Max Batch Size
Indexing is done in batches so that we can calibrate the number of documents that an index processes
in accordance with available system resources.
- e.g. An index that processes 1,000,000 documents might exhaust memory and other system resources
if the index is set to process them all in one batch.
Instead, the index can be set to process the documents in batches of 10,000.
- e.g. An index that processes 1,000,000 documents might exhaust memory and other system resources if the index is set to process them all in one batch.
- If an index processes a collection in multiple batches, it will continue processing each new batch where the previous batch stopped.
- To prevent exhausting system resources, you can adjust the
The factors to consider when adjusting the max indexing batch size:
- Size of documents
- IOPS - Input/Output Operations Per Second
Cloud Indexing Batch Size
RavenDB Cloud sets batch sizes with the following default formula:
Indexing.MapBatchSize = max(PowerOf2(iops * 5), 1024);
Explanation of the configuration value:
In an instance with IOPS of 500
max() = returns the larger of two arguments:
PowerOf2(iops * 5)= The power of two that's larger than the argument passed
500 * 5 = 2,500. The next power of two after 2,500 is 2 ^ 12, which is 4,096 documents.
1024= minimum number of documents
In this example, 4,096 is larger than 1024, so the maximum batch size will be 4,096 documents.
Overriding the Default Setting
Change cloud configurations in Studio.
Value: Set your preferred maximum number of documents per batch.
Changing the cloud instance IOPS number
(IOPS - Input/Output Operations Per Second - can be adjusted according to your needs.)
Find IOPS Number
In the Cloud Portal, click the Products tab.
Your current IOPS number is written here.
It can be adjusted by clicking "Change Storage".