RQL code assistance is available in the following views:
- To invoke auto-completion, click CTRL+Space while writing RQL.
- The relevant options for the current cursor location will be listed.
- Clicking a list item will add it to the query.
At the very beginning of a query, the suggested options will be the
most basic ones:
- from - to select a collection to query on
from index - to select an index to query on
Click CTRL+Space To See Available Options
- List of available options
- An available option
Option type, which can be -
- A Collection
- A Document Field
- A Function
- A Keyword
- An Operator
As the query evolves, new options that are are relevant to the current code are suggested.
For the collection query shown above, auto-completion presents:
- The list of collections that can be queried
- The list of keywords that can be used with the selected collection
- The list of document fields that can be queried
- The list of operators and keywords that can be used
- As you write your query, its syntax is continuously verified and errors are detected.
- When an error is detected, a warning sign is displayed on the left side of the editor.
- Hovering over the warning sign shows the error details.
- Syntax error (this symbol cannot be used here)
- Warning Sign
- Error details
Hover over the warning sign to see the error details.