Advanced Search Scenarios in RavenDB
RavenDB is built to be your main database. It's the system of record where you store all of your information.
To minimize complexity, work, and cost, RavenDB also contains a fully-fledged full-text search engine. You can perform full text searches, but you don't need a plugin or addon.
This enables you to find interesting documents based on quite a lot of different criteria.
By default, queries in RavenDB are case insensitive, which saves you time by making it easier. You can search for a particular term or terms over a set of documents and find results without having an exact match.
You can use commands like
EndsWith to sift through your data with just a bit of information about what you are looking for. Using automatic indexes, RavenDB doesn't have to go through your entire result set to get you what you want.
Most of the work is already done during the indexing process, making your text queries very fast.
As an ACID database, indexes are safe from corruption. Being ACID for over a decade, RavenDB can deliver this data integrity without compromising performance.
RavenDB CEO Oren Eini will show you all sorts of really cool features that help your database find exactly what you're looking for.
You will discover:
- How to find documents that have terms similar to the specific term you are querying
- Finding orders that are similar to a particular order
- Given a particular word, like "queue", how to find other permutations of the spelling of that word by suggesting possible misspellings of the word
- Indexing data in multiple languages
- Highlighting data throughout lots of text