Database Security: How to Protect Your Data
Ever since the first websites were open to the public, there have been waves of data theft, data loss, and ransomware pillaging exposed databases.
Our most memorable experience came in 2015 from a user who didn't set up his security properly. We were amazed to find out how easy it was to gain access to his database.
Before he was able to follow up with the ticket, we told him that we already had full access to all his data.
At RavenDB, a lot of thought and effort has gone into database security. We make sure that there is no such thing as being able to "set and forget" security on your developer workspace, only to advance your project to production without adjusting your security to compensate.
A lot of massive data breaches have occurred from this one overlooked issue.
In this webinar, RavenDB CEO Oren Eini discusses what to consider when securing your database, along with the red flags to keep an eye out for.
You will see:
- How RavenDB strives to be both secure and usable
- How to achieve a secure database system without having to pull all your hair out
- Database security practices on the cloud
- Encrypting data at rest, in transit, and keeping them that way while they are backed up
- Maintaining an audit log to detect intrusion into your system