SQL databases were designed back in the ’60s when disco was popular and data was still stored on floppy disks.
Today’s data is very different. and the relational model of SQL is becoming obsolete. A new approach is needed to handle the size, shape, and scope of modern-day information.
This white paper introduces the Document Database model, explains its superiority in the context of modern data, and demonstrates how RavenDB reaps its benefits without sacrificing the advantages typically associated with SQL.
The report covers:
- Database Models and the Digital Revolution
- Performance, Storage, and Data Integrity Comparisons
- The Document Model’s Advantages in a Distributed Environment
- Simplifying Data Modeling With Objects
- Integrating a Document Database Into Your Current Architecture