You are currently browsing legacy 3.0 version of documentation. Click here to switch to the newest 5.0 version.
Manage Your Server: IO Test
You can use this view to test the speed of reading or writing (or reading and writing simultaneously) of the data from the disk.
IO Test has two modes: simple and batch.
To test disk performance in simple mode, you need to provide the following:
- temporary record path (a folder has to exist already),
- file size,
- operation type (Write, Read, Read and Write),
- information whether the operation should be buffered,
- information whether the operation should be sequential or random,
- thread count,
- runtime of the operation,
- chunk size
To test disk performance in batch mode, you need to provide the following:
- Number of documents
- Size of documents
- Number of documents in batch
- Wait between batches (ms)
When the test is complete, the results including an average speed of reading and writing, disk throughput and latency are displayed.