Adding a Node to a Cluster
A server will be in a
Passivestate in either one of the following:
- When the server is started for the very first time
- When the server is removed from an existing cluster
To make a server become part of a cluster you can do either of the following:
- Bootstrap Cluster
- Adding another node to this server cluster (will cause both to be part of the same cluster)
Performing any RAFT command on the
Passiveserver will make the server become part of a cluster, e.g.:
- Adding a license
- Creating a database on this server
In this page:
Click 'Bootstrap Cluster' to make the current passive server a part of a cluster.
Note: This option is only available when the server is in the
Add Another Node to the Cluster
Click to add a new node
1. Enter the URL of the server for the new node
2. Decide if to add the new node as a
Member -or- as a
Watcher (difference explained in Cluster View)
3. Click to use all available cores -or- Enter the number of cores to be assigned for this node
4. Click Test connection to test the connection for the above url entered
When done, click Save to add this server as a node to the cluster
This operation can also be done programatically. Read more here.
A Cluster with 2 nodes
A cluster with 2 nodes
Now your cluster contains 2 nodes:
- The server running on localhost:8081 shows as Node A and is the
Leaderof the cluster.
- The server running on localhost:8082 shows as Node B and is a
Memberof the cluster.
More nodes can be added as needed.