Hub/Sink Replication: Sink Task
A Replication Sink is an ongoing task, designed to replicate documents to and/or
from Hub tasks to maintain a live replica of a database or chosen documents of it.
The Sink is always the one to initiate the connection with the Hub, but data can
be replicated in either or both directions.
Hub/Sink connections are secure, and require certification.
While defining a Sink task using the Studio, you can -
* Import a certificate issued by the Hubs that this SInk uses
* Choose replication direction/s (
* Use Filtered Replication to choose which documents are to be replicated
Create an Ongoing Replication Sink Task
Import Configuration From Hub
Import configuration from Hub
- Click this button to browse the file system for a configuration
file you have previously exported from the Hub task you want this
Sink to connect.
Importing a configuration file would fill Sink, Access
and Filtering fields you've filled while defining the Hub task,
including certification details, and save you the effort of redefining
- Choose the database that the task would replicate data for,
from a list of databases whose database-group includes this node.
Save / Cancel
- Save to create or update the task
- Cancel to dismiss any changes or cancel task creation
Sink Task Name
- Choose a name for your Sink task
Hub Task Name
- Enter the name of the Hub task this Sink is to connect with.
Choose preferred mentor node manually
- Choose which node would run the Sink task by default,
from a list of nodes running the database you chose.
Allow replication from Hub to Sink
- Enable or Disable data replication from Hub to Sink.
Allow replication from Sink to Hub
- Enable or Disable data replication from Sink to Hub.
Create a new RavenDB connection string
The connection string defines the path to the Hub task this Sink
is to use.
- Disable to select an existing connection string
a. Click to select from a list of existing connection strings
- Enable to create a new connection string
a. Enter a connection string name that hasn't been used yet
b. Enter the name of the database running the Hub task
c. Enter URLs of nodes that may run the Hub task
d. Click to add the URL to the list
e. Remove URL
f. Verify that the URL is reachable
g. Reachable URLs will produce this affirmation
New Replication Access
- Provide a name for this Sink access
Choose a source for the Sink certificate.
(Import Hub configuration
to save yourself the need to redefine these details.)
Provide your own certificate
Use this option to import a certificate of your own, e.g. one
you've issued using the Hub task.
a. Certificate File
Use the Browse button to locate the exported certificate file.
b. Certificate Passphrase
If you need to provide a passphrase for your certificate, enter it here.
- Use the server certificate
Choose this option if you prefer to import and reuse the certificate
that is already used by the server to validate client access.
The Studio will attempt to import it from the server. Use the
Download button (
a) if you need to locate it manually.
Defining Filtered Replication
Defining Filtered Replication
From Hub to Sink
Enter each path you want the Hub to replicate to the Sink, in
Enter documents prefix text box.
Add Prefix button to add it to the prefix list.
- You can define a prefix that uses a wildcard (
Place the wildcard in the prefix' suffix, after
- You can provide exact document IDs.
Use above prefixes (Hub to Sink) for both directions
Ongoing Tasks View
Ongoing Tasks View Info
Task status may be -
Sink tasks turn active when replication actually takes place, after
a document they replicate has changed.
- Not Active
- Not on Node
The task is not defined for this node.
To check this task's status, open the Ongoing Tasks view
from a node the task belongs to.
The node responsible for this task.
Show the task and its responsible node in the database group topology.
Ongoing Tasks View Buttons
- Enable/Disable task
- Edit task
- Delete task
- Info button
Click the Info button to show the following details: