Create A Database : General Flow
From the databases list view, click the 'New database' button.
A database name can be any sequence of characters except for the following rules:
- A name cannot start or end with a '.'
- A name cannot exceed 230 characters
- A name cannot contain any of the following: /,\,:,*,?,",<,>,|
Set the number of nodes that will contain this database.
The minimum required number is 1. The maximum number is the cluster size (number of nodes in the cluster).
Dynamic Node Distribution
Upon a node failure, and if this option is checked, the RavenDB server will automatically replicate the database content to another available node in the cluster
(one that doesn't already contain the database) so that replication factor is maintained.
Setting Replication Nodes Manually
Select the specific initial replication nodes from the cluster for the database to replicate to.
If they are not checked, then the replication nodes will be selected randomly from the cluster.
Set the directory path for database data.
- Full path (e.g. Windows: _C:/MyWork/MyDatabaseFolder_, Linux: /etc/MyWork/MyDatabaseFolder ) - A database will be created in this physical location
- Relative path (e.g. _MyWork/MyDatabaseFolder_) - A database will be created under the
- Leave field empty - A Database will be created in
Databasesdirectory under the
DataDir folder can be set in the
settings.json configuration file (e.g. "DataDir": "RavenData").
DataDir is not specified in the configuration file, then the database will be created under the RavenDB binaries folder (where RavenDB dlls are located).
3. A path can't start with: $home, '~' or 'appdrive:'
Click 'Create' to finish.